Recruiting now for Care Workers
Job Recruitment for Waltham Forest... Read More »
Medic 2 moves to Western Road
... Read More »
8 service users from The Maypole Centre enjoyed 2 games of bowling on the 23rd May. Photo's of this great day to follow... Read More »
We provide daily support to our services users. This includes:
• Help getting out of bed
• Bathing Services
• Medication Prompting
• Prescription collection
• Laundry Services
• House Cleaning
• Put to bed
• Securing Premises
• Calling you at set times to check on you
We also provide Day Sits, Night Sits, Sleep ins, Live in services as well as Personal Assistants to help with correspondence and Home Help and Companionship services.
We can cover calls from as little as 30 minutes a day to full 24 hour Live in care.
Domestic care services
Personal Assistants are available to assist you with:
• Writing Letters
• Opening letters and filing them
• Making phone calls
• Paying Bills
• Running errands
• Pet care
• Accompanying you to appointments and social events
Social activities and befriending services
This Community Outreach Befriending Service provides service users with much daily activities from physical, psychological, social, emotional and mental stimulations.
a) Home Befriending Service i.e. home visits, visiting socially isolated clients
b) Homely activities to stimulate Service Users in their home environment
c) Befriending, Companionship & enabling i.e. assisting to access community Amenities like GPs, shops or hairdressers, even escorting to meet friends
d) Respite for Carers or partners
e) Domestic and home assistance
Our service is agreed with the service users and risk assessed within or outside service users home.
• Mentally stimulating activities
• Respite for Carer (either at home or to take client out)
• Crafts (arts, card making etc)
• Music / Reading
• BINGO / Scrabble
• Reminiscence / discussion Session
• Light Keep Fit
• Assistance to access Amenities – GP appointments, Shops
• Stroll in the park or around the neighbourhood
• Visit to nearby centres
Hospital discharge and enablement
Our Hospital Discharge service is aimed at reducing the risk of readmission to hospital.
• Home Checks ensure that the home is safe and equipped for your return home
• Shopping and Medication Collection
• Day Sits, Night Sits, Sleep ins and 24 hr Care provision whilst you recover
•Service can be arranged at short notice if needs be
• 24 hour and live care
Our twenty four hour Live in Care and Support services can assist Older People as well as people with Learning and Physical Disabilities, living in the community.
We can either provide carers working on shifts 24 hours per day or carers who live in with the service user.
We aim to make our placements as flexible as possible so that it meets the range of needs and circumstances.
We specialise in:
• Long Term Placement – Ongoing support
• Short Term Placements – Respite, few hours or a few days or limited time
• End of Life Placements
We provide our service users with:
• Help with daily living skills
• Money Management
• Help with everyday tasks
• Accompanying services
• Help with Personal care
We have recruitment procedures in place to ensure all employees have the appropriate skills and have undertaken the necessary checks for working with vulnerable people.
All recruitment and selection of staff both paid and voluntary, is undertaken in accordance with clear policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with legislation.
Recruitment is carried out in line with robust safeguarding principles, including:-
• References for the last 5 years;
• Job history;
• Disclosures and enhanced Criminal Record Bureau /Disclosure Scotland / Suva checks
Specialist Staff Training on Learning Difficulty